FORMAT FOR INFORMATION TO BE INCLUDED
All members of AKSE and subscribers to the Newsletter are urged to submit materials to the Newsletter Editor for inclusion in Newsletter 34. Any information pertaining to academic Korean Studies in
1. Scholars’ Reports: You may include any papers presented, research undertaken or contemplated, performances presented, conferences attended, or any other scholarly activity related to Korean Studies. Publications, however, should NOT be included here, but under category 4. Please note that a separate paragraph should be written for each person for whom information is provided. As a model, see the format used under entries for any university.
2. Academic Programme: You may include here reports on the academic programme of study at a university or other academic institution, including reports on new developments in the programme of study, the number of students pursuing a particular degree course, numbers of graduates, or any other information relating to the academic programme of Korean Studies during the past year.
3. Other Activities: Activities relating to Korean Studies which took place in your institution or country during the past year. Reports of concerts and radio and TV programmes on
4. Publications: You may include here you own publications or the publications of anyone else in your country which may be of serious interest to scholars of Korean Studies. As a model, see the format used under entries for any university.
5. Announcements: Include here any announcements of forthcoming events or requests for information from members of AKSE or readers of the Newsletter. Also include information on any changes of address or other contact details.
PLEASE NOTE: Romanisation of Korean words and terms must be according to the McCune-Reischauer System unless the Yale System is used for linguistic purposes or a conventional spelling of a name is used. Spelling of English words should follow British conventions unless the materials originally used American conventions.
Information should be provided as either an email attachment or on a diskette. Any materials MUST be in MSWord, preferably Word 6.
Materials to be included must reach the Editor by 31 JULY, 2011 at the latest.
Dr. Michael Shin
Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies,
University of Cambridge,
Cambridge, UK, CB3 9DA
Email address: email@example.com.